Thursday, May 29, 2008

6 Hours of Addison Oaks 2008



by The Biz

It was a cool dry morning, perfect day for a long race endurance race. The singlespeed class had 9 racers in it so I knew I had alot of work to do. We all started at 10:01 after the team riders went off, here we go a large group of riders taking the trail at once always gets alittle scary but everyone was patient and we had no problems.

The group started to spread out after about 2 or 3 miles so I was able to get into my race speed I was looking to turn between a 32 and 33 minute laps, i came thru lap 1 at 32:16 (perfect) felt great laps 2-5 were all in the 33 minute range.I stopped at the beginning of lap 6 to stretch my back out and take off my shoes (my feet were hurting bad) I stopped for about 5 minutes and hopped back on the bike finishing laps 6-8 in good times between 33-34 minutes still feeling pretty strong.
My pit crew told me I was in either 2nd or 3rd at this point and kind of knew who I was racing against a friend of mine from another team,so I tried to keep an eye on him he took off and after my short stop to stretch and grab a water bottle I did the same. I thought I could reel him in and was able to get close on lap 9 and even closer on the 10th and finally lap but he ended up beating me by under 2 minutes, I finished just after the 4 pm cutoff point so I was unable to go out for lap 11 and try to move into 2nd place.
Well not bad for my longest race/ride of the year 65 miles in 6 hours, my back,feet and behind are sore but overall I felt good. The 1st place racer had 11 laps and I know he is an exp/elite rider so I did pretty well. The trail was perfect, racers were very nice no problems passing or being passed just a great day of racing at my favorite trail, can’t wait until the fall XC race.

Biz!!!!

No comments: