Saturday, October 25, 2008

Peak 2 Peak

What a race! This is one of my favorite races after the USAC series is over. Most of the course is a fast flat nine miles of twistie single track and two track that take you right up to the one mile hill climb. For some of the CT team this was a place to gain positions and for others (me) it was a place of torture! In each of the three laps all I could do is find a comfortable gear and peddle then zone out. Close to the top of the hill you can shift into a larger gear and make up some of the time lost and then the best part of the entire race. The downhill run! The first lap down I remember hearing a someone on the side yelling "slow down". Slow down!? I raced ten miles to get to this point!

The next two laps where pretty much the same minus the person saying slow down. I was able to take 15th in my group while Tony S. took 10th and Bryan U. took 1st! Way to go Bryan. Next up is the Lake Orion Fall race, Cyclocross then Iceman and more Cyclocross!

No comments: