Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Brighton XC race!!

It was a Hot Sticky June afternoon the night before had brought heavy rains to the area so the condition were tough! The Singlespeed class would start at just after 1 pm, between the Elites and Sport riders we had 13 going out. Here we go Robert hits the whistle and we are off, we wrap around the grass down by the lake up a short climb and hit the singletrack the group spreads out and I settle back in around 3rd position (i think),we come to a wide section and I pass the 2nd place rider easily and now in the hunt for #1 position, I spot him a short distance ahead of me and pass him on a long climb.

We ride for some time and I can hear a rider coming up behind me and its the rider I had passed on the climb he catches me and I let him pass me (dang!) lap 2 comes around and no change but I do hear another rider coming slowly behind me so I kick it up a notch and lose him, near the end of lap 2 I have a couple of falls in the slippery corners but maintain my lead.

Here it is finally lap 3 have not seen a rider in awhile a sport geared rider passed me and I slowly bring him in, I draft him when I can and we work together to finish out the race. We pop out of the singletrack and hit the last short section of park road to the finish line, I take one last look back and no one in sight sweet!!! I finish in what I think is 2nd place but find out the rider that passed me was in the Expert ss class and end up with a 1st place finish. I am Hot sweaty but very happy to have my first real class win in my 4 years of racing. I guess some extra miles on the bike have helped me out this year..
Biz!

No comments: