Monday, July 25, 2011

Tree Farm Relay

Every year, we look forward to this fun race.   This year was no exception.   We arrived early to setup the Cycletherapy-Specialized village and get ready for the race.    Most of the early part of the day we had a chance of thunderstorms but nothing developed, leaving the course fast and dry!!


Our lead out rider in the four person relay was Mark P. who killed the lap times and quickly put us into 2nd or 3rd. At that time we did not know because the start was a little bit of a rush! Next was Dave Z, then Derek H and finally me. But things got a little out of order. We where told that our rider Derek had broken his collar bone. After we found out that he was OK I took off to make up the lap and our time. During that lap my heart rate was averaging 170 bpm, a tad higher than I would have liked. The lap felt great and I came into the finish, only to be stopped by Mark P before the finish line. It turned out the rider who broke his colar bone was NOT Derek but another friend (who is also OK now) and that my lap would not count! I was kinda disappointed because that time was my best ever! Eventually, we all finished our laps and ended the race in third, missing second by ten seconds. Not bad but, we will do better next time! Next on the list is Big M. Always a great race venue.






No comments: